I’ve always been interested in, well, interesting network names, and look down at all the boring “Linksys” and “2WIRERANDOMNUMBERS” networks found all over the world.
But why not change it up a little?
- Back when I was working for STORM Consulting and we were very much a startup, Pao and I worked in Peter’s condo, which was on the 20th floor. Of course, the network name was “STORM”. After a while, we noticed that one of our neighbors had named his network Clouds. We don’t know if he thought we were being cheeky with connecting to [the] storm, but certainly connecting to clouds was as cheeky can be.
- In the same vein, a current neighbor has selected the Universe to be where he’s getting information from.
- When we finally went wireless for the house back in the Philippines, we thought for a good while before we finally opted to use No connection available. I don’t know if it fooled anyone.
- I once found a network named Turtles. I sure hope it wasn’t indicative of the download rate!
- When I finally got my internet connected at my new place, it was tough deciding on what network name to use. Finally, I am now connecting to Teh Intarwebz.