Hello there! /waves
I’m Angela Sabas. I’m a 30-something Filipina who loves books, writing, games, the Internet, and travel. I’m currently working in Singapore as the technical lead for HungryGoWhere, if you want to know the official spiel, but in my head I’m in the full-time job of figuring out Life as someone who’s got somewhat eclectic and uncommon interests.
I also have a penchant for writing about things. I am also prone to be obsessive. Put all of that together, and you get a whimsical blog like this :) I’ve tried to focus on just one thing, but there is SO MUCH in the world that’s interesting that my flitty Gemini brain (that is a bit Taurean, truth to tell) must see them all, experience them all, and share them all.
A bit overwhelming? Yeah, I hear you. It really is. Feel free to focus on just one of me:
- Geek – I’m primarily a frontend engineer, and my leanings change a few times a year: sometimes I feel like delving more into backend engineering and systems design, and sometimes I am more interested in interaction design and making things look pretty. My language of choice is PHP and I’m testing the waters with Node.js. I write tech-y, geeky stuff on Tuesdays.
- Writer – Writing is my first love, but I’m plagued with a relentless inner editor and a naggy perfectionist streak. I “gave up” creative writing when I was in university, and it’s my biggest regret: I’m trying to overcome my inner demons now and get back to that lovely place. I tend to write writing-related blog entries on Wednesdays.
- Reader – I devour books like there is no tomorrow, and sometimes resort to audiobooks when my eyes just won’t stay open. I read pretty much everything under the sun, but tend to lean towards fantasy, any kind of fantasy. I write book reviews and reading-related posts on Thursdays.
- Gamer – I’ve got a bit of an obsessive personality, and I know it, so I try not to game too much. But I love World of Warcraft, Diablo III, casual phone games, and tabletop games. They told me I’m a bit of a scientific, methodical player; but really it’s more like dying/losing makes me nervous so I try to plan beforehand as much as possible. I write about games on Fridays.
- Traveler – My first time out of the country was when I moved to Singapore for work. It took a while to kick in, but now that the travel bug has bit me, it’s not letting go. Not that I’m complaining. The world is so big and there’s so little time, so it’s off exploring I go. I’m directionally-challenged with a fear of getting lost and a chronic overplanner, so it’s always a challenge when I travel, but that’s not stopping me. My travel-related entries show up on Saturdays.
What happens on Mondays, you ask? Well, I write about everything else on Mondays. That interesting new camera lens I encountered, that cookie recipe I baked, my bucket list, that new craft store around the corner. That all happens on Mondays. You get that whimsical girl on Mondays. You’ve been warned.
I’m an introvert, but I love meeting new people and having interesting conversations. You can find me in any one of the following places (although I’m not equally active at all times in all of them):
The fastest way to get to me if you need me, would be to send me an email, to
angela at this domain.
Looking forward to hearing from you! :)